Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Industrial Garden






















"Industrial Garden 1"
digital, Brushes app

Industrial meets the garden, sort of.

This blog will feature more of my random artistic musings and that means more iPad art.
I use the iPad for experimenting, trying out new idea's.

It's certainly cheaper than wasting paint so I like it for that.

Trying out new idea's means for me I am never really finished with any one iPad drawing/painting. They are all works in progress so I just reach a point and stop. Sometimes posted as is, other times I may rework one and repost.

It is a bit crude (unrefined) but again the only digital tool I have is the iPad with the Brushes app and I am still in the digital learning curve. Bear with me as I take it for a ride, think Driver's Ed.

Like this one above. It simply is at this current state. Will I go any further on it? I don't know.
I got the idea down visually and that is what counts. It is a beginning. I don't want to work it to death. I want it to remain fresh like a sketch. It would serve me better to just do another, and besides I will get better which each one, so move on.

Lately I have had fusion on my mind, part of the reason for a new blog. I like the idea of combining two things opposite or two things, one of which I like (industrial) with another I don't like or at least, don't normally do (floral, bunnies, kittens) 


Many of these will also serve as studies for paintings or drawings in traditional mediums.13

4 comments:

  1. I really like what you've done here David! It definitely works! I've been impressed with what people are coming up with on their i-pads of late - I may try my hand at it too some time soon!
    I like your idea of mixing the two different styles. Very inspiring - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    Thank you, it is fun although a bit frustrating too as any new medium is at first. I wish I could have a better (more advanced) app than brushes and do more.
    You should give it a whirl.
    With the upcoming art festival I will be busy but should get some recent ipad paintings up here soon and maybe some traditional mediums.
    Thanks and
    Keep painting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cool. I'm really intrigued about digital drawing myself, but have no idea where to start. I have a feeling that to really get into it, one would need a digital drawing pad, and a really good stylus. I'll be watching to see your progress with this new medium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine,
    It is fun. I enjoy it for how quick I can start without a lot of preparation so that's it, that's where you start. I don't have anything fancy, just the iPad 1 and a couple apps so there is a lot I can't do. Since it is the first version iPad I can't use better apps like ArtRage. I don't even have that good of a stylus. It's a bit clumsy.
    But for now I make it work.
    I like to have it with me when out so if I am waiting I can turn it on and paint without dragging actual paints around. It has been great for trying out ideas for paintings, especially in various color schemes.

    Thanks and Keep drawing...

    ReplyDelete